Saturday, October 27, 2012

My First Offering

I have to be honest, I've been a little envious of everyone that has entered the blogging world already....I felt I was missing out on something for a long time.  I had this strange idea that my life wasn't complete if I didn't have a blog, and reading everyone else's was so much fun.  It somehow made their lives seem way more fun and interesting than mine.  At one point I even rationalized that there was no point in spreading all of my private stuff on the internet for the world to see.  I thought it was just plain stupid to be so open with things that I'd only previously wrote about in my journals...(secretly I was jealous of everyone that was already dishing about their lives online).

Well, I eventually realized that I wasn't missing out on anything in particular.  I even let go of the idea that posting my life was stupid because I started to read people's blogs and I'd actually learn something...either about them, or about faith, or letting go, etc.  I'd have my heart broken over something or I'd rejoice with the blogger when she experienced joy.  I felt connected...to friends I've known since college, or to complete strangers in other states, but connected nonetheless. 

Once I reached that point, the struggle entered in.  Would I have anything interesting to say that wasn't just a regurgitation of a bazillion blogs I've seen already?  Would I actually really post about the hard things...could I actually put it out there for people like my family to read...even the "secrets"?  Well, we'll just have to see. 

I don't have anything like a cute baby to post about (like many other girls my age...at least not yet anyway).  Nor do I have a cute house to decorate...and I don't even have a full time job to post diatribes about either.  No pets to ooo and aaah at.  (But my fingers are crossed for a kitten by next Christmas.) 

Here is what I do have to offer the potentially interested cyber world:

1. My faith.
2. My marriage.
3. My heart.
4. My strengths & insecurities.
5. My life...when it's mundane, crazy, normal, and beautiful.
6. If there is more than that, you and I will be discovering it at about the same time:)

So I hope you're happy with that.  I am. 


4 comments:

  1. I love your blog title and design, great first post and looking forward to more! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanda, I really believe you will enjoy blogging! Your blog title, description, and first post were amazing! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think a blog is as much about what you might have (as you mention, a baby a house or job) as it is about how you say it. Your honesty and spirit shine through your words and that's what makes great reading! I am looking forward to your entries! I love your design too. You all are inspiring me to get my blog going again . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very excited that you joined the blogging world! I hate that we weren't as close when we were only an hour apart, but perhaps now I can keep up with the goings on of the Boreyko family!

    ReplyDelete