Sunday, April 7, 2013

I'm Okay With Being Busy

I know I've been kind of absent on the blog lately...I hope you understand, we've been incredibly busy.  We had 8 weekends in a row with guests or important church related events and are finally experiencing our first weekend without guests...though hubby ran a half marathon this morning and we had a hike and picnic with folks from our community group yesterday.  That is what a low key weekend looks like in our household. 

Someone told me yesterday that hubby and I are too busy.  That we don't live life free enough.  We're too scheduled.  That we need to just be free from the schedule and all the things we are doing. 

And I have to say, there may be some truth to that. 

Here is my alternative opinion though...hubby and I love to do things, together and with others.  We love being involved.  We love having friends and hanging out with them.  We love serving our community.  We love being outside.  Could we benefit from more "unscheduled" down time....of course we could.  Everyone to some extent probably could.  But one day it's going to be harder to get out of the house and do all of the things that we want to do with the same frequency we're currently doing them.  Whenever we have kids roaming around it's just a fact that things will change.  That doesn't mean we'll be any less busy, it will just be different.  So for right now, I'm content to soak up as much as possible, as often as possible.  Because one day, things will change...and I'll be soaking up other things. 

Right now I'm going to soak up some sunshine (FINALLY!) while hubby and I wash our cars.  Winter is finally over, praise God. 

I know I mentioned in a previous post about catching you up on all that has been going on....well, I will.  I promise.  Here is a teaser:

Playing near railroad tracks

Cassie being cute

Ringo being mischievous

Louisa and I enjoying Apple Cake Tea Room

Red Velvet from The Cup - yes please:)

On our way to pick up my cousin in Nashville...we stopped by this fancy hotel and walked around their indoor gardens.

My 1st baby hat, for the girls at HRC - I have 19 more to make before their baby showers.  Help.

My cousin and I - out to dinner @ Riverside Grille for her 21st b-day dinner:)

1 comment:

  1. I love doing lots of stuff with ya! But I am glad that maybe our weekends will get a little (but not much!) quieter!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete