Saturday, January 12, 2013

What Have We Been Up To?

So it's been a while...I hope your holidays were great!  Here is a quick recap and maybe then you'll understand the slight blogging hiatus.

Dec. 20 - KWood came into town and spent the night with us:)  Miss her.  Enjoy Costa Rica chic!
Dec. 21 - I met Ashely W. halfway in London, KY for lunch at Crackerbarrel, but mostly for the warm conversation and catching up time.  I love her heart for Haiti.
Dec. 21 late at night - newlywed cousin Hannah and her beau stopped at our place to rest between Boone and Nashville...spent the night and had pancake breakfast in the a.m.
Dec. 22 - We left for my mom's house. 
Dec. 23 - Christmas with my extended family in Cary, NC and then driving to the in-laws.
Dec. 24 - Christmas Eve at our former church in Durham, NC - so nice to see some familiar faces.
Dec. 25 - Christmas at hubby's family's house (my first Christmas without my family), late lunch with his grandma and games all afternoon.
Dec. 26 - Breakfast with sweet Meghan - miss her being right down the hallway.
Dec. 27 - Breakfast with Lori and Pat - miss their hallway closeness as well.
Dec. 28 - Drove to see Holly and Andrew in their new house!  Spent the night in Wilson, NC.  Thanks for gingerbread cookies and a great visit.
Dec. 29 - Stopped in Raleigh to see Kristin and Erik's new home!  Dinner:)
Dec. 29 - LoYo with Kristy and Lauren (!!!!!)
Dec. 30 - Drove back to my mom's and had Christmas with mom, Mandy and her hubby.
Dec. 31 - Saw Shannon and her new home!!!!!  Spent some of NYE with her and Eric and other friends at dinner and Buckhead's Saloon.
Jan. 1 - drove back to Knoxville
Jan. 2 - hubby returned to work
Jan. 3 - I returned to work with my increase in hours (29.5 hrs a week now!)

Whirlwind right?  Yup.  But really fun. 

Now, since we've returned...

Jan. 7 - Bible Study is back in session:)
Jan. 8 - Great Expectations class began (I'm teaching a parenting and life skills class for first time moms)
Jan. 12 - We took down our tree and all Christmas decorations - sad day.

Sorry I don't have pictures...I didn't take many and honestly, I don't know how to add pictures to a blog yet!  I have a lot to learn.

Hubby and I very much enjoyed our Christmas travels and all the family time.  We are both glad to be home though and resume a more "normal" routine.
Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment