Sunday, November 11, 2012

10 and 11 Thanksgivings

Phew.  Busy weekend kept me from posting each day.

10 - Willing Servants
I'm thankful for people that put their "yes" on the altar for God.  People that say, "Whatever it is Lord, the answer is yes.  I'll do it.  Just show me the way." 
Our church is building a house for a family in need.  It's awesome.  A member of our church is a mentor through the same program we're about to start doing and she saw a need for her mentee's family.  They were finalists to be on the Extreme Home Makeover show and didn't get it.  So the mentor asked our church leaders if there was anything our church could do...the leaders said, "Why don't we build them a new house?"

So hubbs and I found ourselves roofing, hammering, and cleaning up a zillion vines in the yard yesterday.  May I repeat, it was awesome.  To see 40-50 volunteers reach out to this family.  Ya'll, our church is getting this house built in under 2 months.  I'm so thankful to be in a community like this.

11 - My mom
Her birthday is today.  I love her.  She's beautiful and she deserves a great day.  Happy Birthday Mom, I'm thankful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment