Tuesday, November 13, 2012

13 - Kids

I don't have any...but I teach some awesome ones.

I taught for four years in NC and I miss the kids so much.  I miss seeing them and working with them and teaching them new things...seeing the light bulb go off:)  Gives me chills.  But I don't live there right now...

So I'm out here and the plan was for me to take a year off of full time teaching.  Though the children are the bomb.com there were days that the job wasn't so cool.  It was stressful...and draining.  And it took a toll on me and the hubbs.  It was time for a break. 

However, to keep my foot in the door, just in case...I have been subbing.  And that is the pits.  Honestly, going from teaching full time to subbing...here is what I can't stand about it:

Everything. 

Except the no working at home any more thing and the fact that I can choose what days I wanna do it.  2 HUGE perks.  I know.  Why am I even complaining right? 

I really don't like it though.

TODAY though was my FIRST day with the Special Ed Pre-K Program where I am a part-time assistant.  I work 3 hours every day.  I don't have any work to do at home, except for tonight while I flesh out the Handwriting Without Tears I'm going to be teaching in small groups starting tomorrow-eek!, I have afternoons off, and I don't have to go in until 9am=sleeping in:)

It was so cool.  It reminded me of Camp Royall and of my time working with the sweetest kid who has autism.  Those days bring my heart great joy. 

Because when these kids smile...they ain't faking it for nobody!  Pure, unadulterated joy:)  My fav.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to hear you so excited about your new job Shanda! Hey I have been using Handwriting Without Tears for years so if you have any queestions you know who to call!

    ReplyDelete