Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 9 of Thanks

Connections

Today I'm thankful for connections...you know, like when you know someone that tells someone else about you for a job...or you overhear someone talking about something or someone that you know you and it's cool because you can say, "Oh me too!"  At least women like to say that a lot. 

One of my connections just helped land me a sweet part-time job at her school.  It's not a teaching position, but it gets my foot in the door.  Plus it will be a steady (small) income that we can count on as extra savings:) 

She told her principal about me and my teaching background, emailed him my resume for me and wham!  Today I went to meet him and the teacher I'll be working with in the Pre-K Special Ed program.  They only need me for 3 hours in the mornings M-F which is cool because it leaves my afternoons free to continue doing the volunteering that I'm doing now.  I'm excited!

Thanks Sarah for being my connection:) 

Who is an awesome connection you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment