Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 17 - Date Night:)

Hubby and I love spending time together.  When we lived in NC we spent A LOT of time with friends and family, which was awesome.  But...

Now that we've moved we've gotten to spend A LOT of time with each other.  To some people, spending time (oodles and oodles of time) with their spouse may sound like a death sentence (I hope not though - if so, you should seek help...seriously) but hubbs and me...we really love it.

So we do a lot of movie watching.  Netflix is the most wonderful invention for this.  However, since we're in a new town, we decided to try a weekly date night.  Plus, we've heard that it's important to never stop dating your spouse.  So Wednesdays are our tentative date nights, pending something that would require weekend hours.  And we're not being crazy sticklers about it either.  If we can't figure out a way to make date night work every week, we're not kicking ourselves for it.  But it's caused us to be more intentional and to seek creative ways to be together that isn't always a movie...at home. 

Tonight was our date night this week.  We delivered a Thanksgiving Basket to a needy family in a neighborhood our church sponsors.  Our Bible Study put the basket together.  Then we headed to a pizza place with the Bstud friends we dropped off the turkey with.  Hubbs noticed we were eating beside of a cheap movie theater...$2.50 a ticket - sweet!  SO...

After using a halfoffdepot.com voucher on the pizza, getting craft supplies from Michael's for some Christmas gifts, parusing through a furniture store that's going bankrupt, hubby said...

"Hey, I noticed that two movies at that theater were going to start around 7:30, wanna make a date of it?"

Yes, darling.  Of course I do.

So we saw Brave and shared medium drinks and a BIG bag of popcorn for only $12 (this included our movie tickets) - holla!!!!  It was a "couple's special" they were putting on.  Why thank you very much movie theater.

It was an awesome date night. 

Next week is my turn to think of a date idea.  Since we'll be back in my old stomping grounds for the holidays with my family, we might not get a lot of alone time.  But I'll have to get creative I suppose.  Thankfully, that isn't too hard for me to do:)

What is the best date night you and your spouse have had?  Send ideas my way!  Just in case I blank.

1 comment:

  1. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said to be intentional about spending time together. Some of our favorite dates are going to Carolina games, of course! And we are excited to go to the cooking class/demo at Southern Seasons next month (my idea - for John's b-day).
    Happy Dating!

    ReplyDelete