Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Splattering of Words About Me


Southern, small-town, smart, artistic, country girl from NC.  Never moved until I graduated from UNC (Go Heels!).  JROTC Kid (Group!). Voted Most School Spirited in High School.  Saved by grace at 10, rededicated at 21.  Oldest grandchild on both sides.  Parents divorced at 18.  Teacher by trade.  Met hubby on Eharmony in 2009.  Married him in 2010.  Moved with him to TN in 2012.  Adopted the best cats ever in 2013.  I’m super close with my younger sister and miss her every day.  I love to paint, read, and journal.  The beach will always beat the mountains – even though I love them too.  If I could live on the equator I would in order to avoid ever feeling cold.  I didn’t learn to cook until I got married.  I’m teaching myself how to crochet.  Extreme Extrovert.  Loud.  Pride is my downfall.  I’ve always wanted to save the world and I’m slowly learning that only Christ can do that.   I’ve modeled on the runway, rafted the Nile, led a group of several hundred students in a parade, led the Pledge of Allegiance on TV, taught 3 grades in 4 years, broken hearts and had mine broken, worked as a pirate, went to camp every summer since I was 8, never caused a wreck, never broken a bone, stormed Franklin St. in 2005 and 2009, started a club, danced on a bar, been in a magazine, published poetry, won art contests.  Wacky Tacky Day was my favorite.  Grew up on Disney movies.

4 comments:

  1. wow, you have done a lot in a short time! I will have to stay tuned. Like your writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this reading, however you forgot to put 'has a big heart'. And you always give your all to anything you do. You have always been such a sweet baby, toddler, teenager & young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget a fierce competitor, especially in board/table games.

    ReplyDelete