Saturday, May 4, 2013

And I Quote...

Picking a favorite quote is like asking me to select a favorite ice cream flavor.  If you've ever gone with me to an ice cream shop...it's a lenghty process people.  There are so many amazing flavors out there, how can I ever narrow it down to one?!  That is why I love these new yogurt shops where you pay by the ounce and can fill your bowl with WHATEVER you want:)  But I digress...

Quotes are like that for me.  I have a lot of "favorite" quotes from different events, seasons of life, situations, etc...they bring back different memories and each one is special.  That's why I've waited so late in posting today, because it's been really difficult to select one.  But I accepted this challenge and refuse to let it get the best of me only four days in; so here ya go:

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. - Proverbs 13:12

During our first month of dating, hubby and I exchanged verses that we really liked.  This is one he sent to me.  Isn't he the sweetest?  I think he was trying to say that he thought I was going to be a part of his fulfilled longing for a wife and family.  At least I like to think that is what he must of have been thinking :)

My hubby quoted this verse to me at the beginning of his beautiful proposal to me on November 1, 2009.  (This is another reason why I thought what I thought - LOL.)  The lovely KWood read this verse during our wedding ceremony.  It has become our family verse.  I love it like that.

Ultimately God fulfills us.  He is our ultimate source of fulfillment when it feels like hope has been deferred.  We can find our ultimate hope in Him.  He is an abundant Tree of Life.  I'm so thankful for that.  I'm also blessed that He chose my hubby for me and I for him to fulfill our longings of a family of our own.  We desire to be a family that stands as a tree of life for Christ.  Rooted in His Truth and watered by His Word.  Growing to bring Him Glory.  


Our Tree of Life Began on June 5, 2010
 







  

2 comments:

  1. I Love reading your writings. I always look forward to the next ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I think he was trying to say that he thought I was going to be a part of his fulfilled longing for a wife and family. At least I like to think that is what he must of have been thinking"

    Correct :)

    ReplyDelete