Sunday, May 12, 2013

What I Miss

Today's challenge is to write about something or someone that I miss.  There are a lot of things I could discuss here.  Like UNC, great vacations, family members, friends, former coworkers and students, etc etc.  For this post though, even though it's Mother's Day (shout out to my momma!), I'm going to write about some other special women in my life. 

CBSP LADIES OF 2007!

I went on a Summer Project with Campus Crusade for Christ (now called CRU) the summer between my junior and senior year at UNC.  A stateside Summer Project is focused on growing in your own personal relationship with Christ and ministering to your coworkers on your summer job.  I can imagine what some of my supporters must have thought when they read my support letter and found out I was doing a mission trip in Clearwater Beach, FL!!!!  Yes, even people getting a tan need Jesus.  

This was probably the best summer of my life.  I met 30 amazing guys and gals from colleges like UK, EKU, Purdue, Indiana, UNC (new Tarheel friends!), NC State (yes, cool people go to school there too), ASU, Arkansas, UNCG, and on and on.  We became like a family to each other.  Especially the ladies :)  We would stay up late all the time, laughing, loving on each other, praying for each other, sharing stories about our lives away from CBSP...sharing our struggles as we tried to walk out our faith.  It was amazing how God used each of us in all of our lives.  I think we all grew so much that summer, I know I did.  

As time has passed (almost 6 years ago that we all met for the first time), we've moved away from our college towns (some farther away than others - Ashley!), some of us have gotten married (or are about to get married - Becca!), some continued with schooling to be oober smart (Stephanie!), some of us have remained just as close as ever (Laura/Lindsay! and others), while some of us have drifted apart...nevertheless, I know that without a shadow of any doubt...if you were to put all of us back in a room with each other...it would be as if we'd never left Clearwater at all.  I just know it.  

I miss these ladies like crazy.  When I see them again, it's like looking at a slice of Heaven.  Seriously.  I think all of us felt like we were living in Heaven on earth for those 11 weeks that summer.  It was one of the most amazing spiritual experiences I've ever had.  So this post goes out to my girls:)  

You're a waterfall, washing over me...sing it ladies...all that I want is to be...WHERE YOU ARE!

 Back row from L to R: Ashley, Heather, Sara, Me, Laura, Christy, Amity, April, Kristen
Front row from L to R: Lindsay, Kaitlin, Stephanie, Whitney, Becca, Emily

I love you all and miss you ALL the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment