Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 5: Write About a Friend

Since I'm pretty new to the whole blogging thing, I don't exactly have many (if any) "blogger friends".  I have friends and family who might read it every now and then but that might be about as far as I'm reaching right now.  I'm okay with that.  So instead, I'm going to talk about some real people friends :)  Again, just as with yesterday's post, picking only one friend to talk about would be way too hard.  But alas...I took this challenge and I'm committed to sticking with it.  Ergo, please don't let this hurt your feelings if you weren't selected...I'm just following the rules people.

Lauren

Lauren and I became friends our freshman year of college at UNC.  We were in the same Bible Study in our freshman dorm - Craige.  There were probably 20 or more girls in that Bible Study that year.  Needless to say, we didn't get to know each other super well...until next year.  We were living in the same dorm again, this time Ehaus, and had attended the same service at The Summit on Sunday morning.  Lauren had ridden with some other friends to church and I had driven myself...and for some reason that I can't remember, her ride wasn't returning to campus right away and I was asked to drive her back.  Or something sort of along those lines.  The details of this part of the story don't really matter.  What does matter is that I took a wrong turn onto the highway to get back to campus and we ended up stuck in a MAJOR traffic jam, going east instead of west, on the part of I-40 where there are no exits for about 10+ miles...and we didn't know each other super well, except for attending the same Bible Study.  If I remember correctly, it took over 45 minutes to an hour before we were even able to exit and get back on 40 going west towards campus.  That's some bonding time right there people.  I'm so thankful her ride couldn't take her home that day.  She and I became VERY close after that, spending a lot of time together.  Even now, 5 years after college graduation, she and I talk AT LEAST once a week on the phone.  We are each others accountability partners, prayer warriors, and confidants.  I love her like crazy.  It's been well over a year since we've seen each other, maybe even two years...and I still feel as close to her now as I did when she was living 3 floors above me in Ehaus. 


 Our friendship has had its fair share of ups and downs, distance, silent seasons, estranged moments, etc.  We've seen each other through some pretty hard stuff, spiritually, emotionally, mentally...but despite all of that, I can still count on her and she can count on me.  We've also shared laughs, wonderful memories, good food, and so much more.  I never had the privilege of living with her (though God may have known what He was doing there - sparing us from pending doom) but we always knew the shortest and fastest way to get to each other in a moment's notice.  I cherish her, admire her, and love her like crazy.  One of the most awesome things about our friendship is knowing that we'll be spending eternity rejoicing over our Savior together.  That my friends, is the most beautiful thing of all.


Cheers!







No comments:

Post a Comment